Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to everyone on this forum.
As said in title , i just need a little help and informations. I don't own a busa yet, but i;m itnerested to buy an accidented one for it's engine. Last year i've biult from scrap a small hillclimb car with a FZS1000 engine that was laying arround; let's say it's a little over the expectations but i was searching for a busa engine...and now it comes:)
Usually i drive a 750cc old yamaha bike and i wasn't interested on speed bikes till now, because i need to see if i really want to buy this engine or not. For the moment, i don;t have many informations, i just saw the accidented bike, it;s a black one ( :) ) and the owner say it;s from 2008-i think from here it;s a K8-correct me if i'm wrong.
For the moment i don;t have any serials and so but i can obtain everything if somebody tell me what to ask for identify the bike.
Beeing after an accident, the dash is broken, the key also( the antenna of the immo is ok but the wires are broken), a small hole in clutch cover(nothing really bad) and the baddest part, the starter with it;s cover and starting device( i don;t know the english term) missing :), and the right hand commans block(startin button, on/off switch, etc) is missing
The good point is that the bike don't have many kilometres, it stays for some time and i think it's good for my project.
I was searching some electrical wiring diagrams but o can't find something complete...i think. On the other hand, i saw a lot of discussions about how simple is to reflash a K2-K7 but i can't understand if i can use that simple usb-rs232 interface to check the ecu on this bike...maybe to turn off the imoo, etc...and if the ecu is protected or not.

If someone can help me, beeing a newbie and knowing NOTHING about busa's, just few hours reading on internet i will really appreciate.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Hello to everyone on this forum.
As said in title , i just need a little help and informations. I don't own a busa yet, but i;m itnerested to buy an accidented one for it's engine. Last year i've biult from scrap a small hillclimb car with a FZS1000 engine that was laying arround; let's say it's a little over the expectations but i was searching for a busa engine...and now it comes:)
Usually i drive a 750cc old yamaha bike and i wasn't interested on speed bikes till now, because i need to see if i really want to buy this engine or not. For the moment, i don;t have many informations, i just saw the accidented bike, it;s a black one ( :) ) and the owner say it;s from 2008-i think from here it;s a K8-correct me if i'm wrong.
For the moment i don;t have any serials and so but i can obtain everything if somebody tell me what to ask for identify the bike.
Beeing after an accident, the dash is broken, the key also( the antenna of the immo is ok but the wires are broken), a small hole in clutch cover(nothing really bad) and the baddest part, the starter with it;s cover and starting device( i don;t know the english term) missing :), and the right hand commans block(startin button, on/off switch, etc) is missing
The good point is that the bike don't have many kilometres, it stays for some time and i think it's good for my project.
I was searching some electrical wiring diagrams but o can't find something complete...i think. On the other hand, i saw a lot of discussions about how simple is to reflash a K2-K7 but i can't understand if i can use that simple usb-rs232 interface to check the ecu on this bike...maybe to turn off the imoo, etc...and if the ecu is protected or not.

If someone can help me, beeing a newbie and knowing NOTHING about busa's, just few hours reading on internet i will really appreciate.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
:dunno

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
So you want to buy an engine from a bike that has been smashed in an accident. It is missing stator and clutch covers, and it has a hole in it.
Have you found out how the accident happened?
All engines come with a VIN number, by that number you should be able to tell what year the bike is I think.
Are the busa engines good? yes they are. there are members here that have turbos on them. I am sure they will reply soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that's right, the bike is broken, it was a frontal accident and the bike went on the right side. The Clutch cover have only a small hole in it, but the upper side of the other cover (wich holds the stator i think) is missing.
I know these engines are good on what i need for and support turbo's but on my application i will keep it NA...few years ago,the z-cars from UK made a tubular frame with a busa turbo for an old pilot from us, it was a top of the art vehicle but because of the power it was impossible to handle the beast :)

Monster machine: Z-Cars with supercar performance | Mini Magazine

I will try to obtain the engine's vin and some other details to have a starting point.
Thanks for your time

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
We need pics of the engine please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The serial on the chassis is JS1CK111100100407 and found on the back plate on the engine the following :X704102538 and 107H04A2033

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today i've made pics of the ecu and obtained some papers, it's from 2008 and that's all that i know
The minus is that the immo is broken, the antenna is good but a small part of the pcb is missing:(. As i know, the immo is paired with ecu so is useless to search for another one.
I've put some questions on a busa guy from arround and he said he can reflash the ecu with immo-off and without restrictions. Found on the net an electric diagram and solved the problem of the missing right hand commands. Everything else looks ok.
Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks anyway, probably everybody think it's just another stolen bike...took it home today with papers and keys too . Hope to solve the starter cover problem and to give it a start next days.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem solved,engine works like a charm. Wayting on the shed for reaplace the old one at the end of the year.
Thread can be deleted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts