Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my name is Brian, I found your lovely forum last night and love all of the content and helpful fellow riders. I hope to give back one way or another :cheers
(Degree in Turf Management from Umass, so if you have any turf issues with your yards at home or work, i might be able to give some pointers in that department haha)

Been riding since 2004, not too long after getting my license in highschool. Freekin love sportbikes.. Learned on my brothers sv650, than purchased a 87 ninja zx750r. I will never ride a more comfortable sportbike haha, the thing had a amazing amount of padding in the seat. She has since been sold and hopefully is still riding strong and loud.

Now i find myself with a recent private purchased 2007 gsxr600, 15k miles. Purchased it the other month and ran into a issue instantly on the ride home. (wrote about it last night in the: GSX-R600/GSX-R750 General forum > 07 gsxr 600 Brake issue ) has been a pain in the neck ever since. replacing the replace master brake cylinder is my next step.

My apologies for jumping right into a question before introducing myself. It was a late night after work and than working on the bike. I got home from a slightly scary brake situation and started searching the forums here and decided to post on a reputable site with tons of user's and threads. Can't wait to learn more from y'all and hopefully help others too.

·
16,989 Posts
Hello everyone my name is Brian, I found your lovely forum last night and love all of the content and helpful fellow riders. I hope to give back one way or another /forums/images/smilies/cheers.gif
(Degree in Turf Management from Umass, so if you have any turf issues with your yards at home or work, i might be able to give some pointers in that department haha)

Been riding since 2004, not too long after getting my license in highschool. Freekin love sportbikes.. Learned on my brothers sv650, than purchased a 87 ninja zx750r. I will never ride a more comfortable sportbike haha, the thing had a amazing amount of padding in the seat. She has since been sold and hopefully is still riding strong and loud.

Now i find myself with a recent private purchased 2007 gsxr600, 15k miles. Purchased it the other month and ran into a issue instantly on the ride home. (wrote about it last night in the: GSX-R600/GSX-R750 General forum > 07 gsxr 600 Brake issue ) has been a pain in the neck ever since. replacing the replace master brake cylinder is my next step.

My apologies for jumping right into a question before introducing myself. It was a late night after work and than working on the bike. I got home from a slightly scary brake situation and started searching the forums here and decided to post on a reputable site with tons of user's and threads. Can't wait to learn more from y'all and hopefully help others too.
Turf management, really?
I've got a nasty ant problem and need to get rid of those fuckers ASAP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turf management, really?
do you own or rent? probably cant do it if you rent, your landlord would have to or hire a licensed individual.

But if you own your property, go to your local garden store or a lowes or home depot, and find some granular insecticide that can take care of ants. get yourself a spreader that is listed on the back directions on the insecticide so you can easily spread it at the labeled rate for your ants. some insecticides need to be watered in, some dont, just read the label. most insecticides will have a effect for 2-4 weeks. Repeat when needed on a schedule in the months the bugs are active. make sure no kids or pets eat the pellets or play on them when wet with their bare feet or hands without rinsing them after exposure.

·
16,989 Posts
Turf management, really?
do you own or rent? probably cant do it if you rent, your landlord would have to or hire a licensed individual.

But if you own your property, go to your local garden store or a lowes or home depot, and find some granular insecticide that can take care of ants. get yourself a spreader that is listed on the back directions on the insecticide so you can easily spread it at the labeled rate for your ants. some insecticides need to be watered in, some dont, just read the label. most insecticides will have a effect for 2-4 weeks. Repeat when needed on a schedule in the months the bugs are active. make sure no kids or pets eat the pellets or play on them when wet with their bare feet or hands without rinsing them after exposure.
I own 3.5 acres, no pets or young kids. I noticed some yellow circles and thought a fungus, but upon a closer look the lawn had a crapload of ants. There were tiny ant hills in one particular section where the circles were. I was late getting the sprinklers up & running, we've had a crazy wet spring, so I didn't think it would matter.

I'll get started on what you suggested, thank you so much. If this doesn't work, I will have to give you the forever ban..

/forums/images/smilies/spit.gif

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I own 3.5 acres, no pets or young kids. I noticed some yellow circles and thought a fungus, but upon a closer look the lawn had a crapload of ants. There were tiny ant hills in one particular section where the circles were. I was late getting the sprinklers up & running, we've had a crazy wet spring, so I didn't think it would matter.

I'll get started on what you suggested, thank you so much. If this doesn't work, I will have to give you the forever ban..

/forums/images/smilies/spit.gif
I do not endorse or stand behind any product you will use from these companies, i just know how to put them down and which stuff works for me in the North East. Personally I use Liquid insecticides when i can and boom sprayers, but granular will work too. just takes a little longer imo. I use up-star (liquid insecticide) that utilizes Bifentrin as its main active ingredient. Stuff works great, but again that particular product is used through a spray rig.

Before you purchase anything, figure out how much lawn area you will be treating. If you dont have to treat your entire 3.5 acres, dont. Measure it out one way or another and get your square footage and write that down and use that when it comes to calculating how much product you will need at the called for rate on the label.

For my sake , good luck boss :thumbup
Any other questions, feel free to hit me up!

·
16,989 Posts
I do not endorse or stand behind any product you will use from these companies, i just know how to put them down and which stuff works for me in the North East. Personally I use Liquid insecticides when i can and boom sprayers, but granular will work too. just takes a little longer imo. I use up-star (liquid insecticide) that utilizes Bifentrin as its main active ingredient. Stuff works great, but again that particular product is used through a spray rig.

Before you purchase anything, figure out how much lawn area you will be treating. If you dont have to treat your entire 3.5 acres, dont. Measure it out one way or another and get your square footage and write that down and use that when it comes to calculating how much product you will need at the called for rate on the label.

For my sake , good luck boss :thumbup
Any other questions, feel free to hit me up!
Thank you for the help Brian..:thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
spike52
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing