Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could anyone who has done this Helibar conversion on the 2017-2019 Gixxer-1000 comment on how the bike feels/reacts? Since they are now higher and also wider was wondering if the bike still felt the same?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could anyone who has done this Helibar conversion on the 2017-2019 Gixxer-1000 comment on how the bike feels/reacts? Since they are now higher and also wider was wondering if the bike still felt the same?
As a strictly road rider, it feels to me like the bike should be in the first place. Of course I realize it is a track purposed bike, but I think many of us ride street/road exclusively..

I don't feel any ill effects in handling . I feel an improvement in slow parking lot type riding and pushing the bike around also.

Keep in mind the change is minimal, all they do is change the angle of the handle bar coming out from the fork clamp .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As a strictly road rider, it feels to me like the bike should be in the first place.

I couldn't have said that better.
Plus, because of the more upright seating position, you have a slightly better throttle control, useful with the, sometimes, snatchy fueling.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Okay thank y’all for answering my questions. Have been considering purchasing them for mine. As a short rider it would be nice to be able to be in a slightly less hunched over position.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys, I installed some helibars on my L7 and even with the 30 day return policy I am not sending them back. I did a 125 mile ride last Sunday and my neck used to get tired before and now it was no problem. The thing I notice the most is how much easier it is to keep my body weight off of my wrists and can keep light pressure on the bars. Downsides are you get more of a wind blast with the less forward lean (might get a taller screen) and slightly slower turn in because of the different hand angle. I would say good for street and not for track.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have helibars on my 2017 1000, small change, yet a big improvement in comfort. IMO the stock bars are just to for forward/down.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice.. but if you want to take it to the next level, grab these. I finally got around to throwing mine on, and the confort it provides is amazing. Will post some pics later. Now I am just trying to find some bar ends that will fit these bars. I think I will end up with even higher bars, maybe some pro tapers or Renthal. No more stopping on my daily canyon loop runs up angeles crest/GMR/Mt. Baldy

ABM Riser Kit

21 - 27 of 27 Posts