Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an akrapovic competition exhaust for my '15 750 and the headers are a little too close to the plastic along the bottom of the bike and I have a small yellow spot forming from the heat. There is already a heat shield applied to the inside of the fairing in that spot.

What would be the best option besides cutting a hole in the fairing? Should I apply more heat shield tape to the fairing? Get a wrap for the header pipe? Maybe something else?

·
17,009 Posts
I just got an akrapovic competition exhaust for my '15 750 and the headers are a little too close to the plastic along the bottom of the bike and I have a small yellow spot forming from the heat. There is already a heat shield applied to the inside of the fairing in that spot.

What would be the best option besides cutting a hole in the fairing? Should I apply more heat shield tape to the fairing? Get a wrap for the header pipe? Maybe something else?

Is the header stainless or Ti?
I'd wrap that small section of the header.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,655 Posts
This may give you some ideas. Several pics don't show any more but not that big a deal.

I have two never used space shuttle heat tiles. It's fantastic insulation; there are videos on youtube. But I don't know of a source for it.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts

Pics?

I have two never used space shuttle heat tiles. It's fantastic insulation; there are videos on youtube. But I don't know of a source for it.
Hopefully not Challenger tiles...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts