Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
How did you get along with the installation?
Who me? :)

Turned out I had the wrong app version. :facepalm After I downloaded the one for the iQS Easy, I successfully paired the module with the latest app and went through the setup wizard, including setting the rev limits and baseline sensitivity. The real proof of the pudding will be this weekend...I suspect that the morning trackday sessions will be spent tweaking the settings to my preferences.

One thing I really like about this unit is that there is no big sensor sitting on my shift linkage, so unless someone knows exactly what to look for the QSE pretty much invisible. My riding partners are in for a surprise, because I've told exactly nobody about this newest little addition to the bike. :shifty Can't f'ing wait! :punk

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Nice one d207 :). As for your buddies, they are in for a real surprise. You are going to pulling real quick through the gears. if you get any unwanted engine cut offs (we are talking about milliseconds) at high RPMs (long as it's not your fault meaning your foot accidentally touched the shift lever) then activate the "noise filter " under the sensor setup. All the best buddy. Enjoy it n ride safe :)

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
Well, got to give it the trial by fire test this past Sunday, and I must say that I'm very impressed! It took a couple of sessions to get used to it, and the shift pedal sensitivity was at first too touchy...there are a couple of bumpy areas of the track and the ignition was cutting out! Rode around the problem and then brought it in to tweak the sensor settings. Saved & uploaded the data to the module and things were peachy for the rest of the day. :woot

Now to switch to GP-style shifting...:w00t

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Nice one d207. It's a good unit as long as you put a little time in setting it up. Enjoy :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
@R_1000 Sorry for the late reply, i don have any problem whatsoever, works like a charm. Perfect smooth shifting, I am soo glad that your problem has been resolved, They are very good with their service. and the support is great. So updating the firmware fixed the problem, huh. Will see what firmware i have and hopefully it is up to date. Thanks for sharing the experience.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
@R_1000 Sorry for the late reply, i don have any problem whatsoever, works like a charm. Perfect smooth shifting, I am soo glad that your problem has been resolved, They are very good with their service. and the support is great. So updating the firmware fixed the problem, huh. Will see what firmware i have and hopefully it is up to date. Thanks for sharing the experience.
No worries buddy. I am glad it's all good for you. Yes the firmware update fixed the issues :grin2:

All the best matey

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just installed mine on my 2016 gsx-r 750.. confirmed a green light, bike started fine and the app is connected.. hoping to take it for a ride tomorrow.. what am I looking for??? Smooth gear changes I know but what is a bad gear change? Too much pressure needed on the gear selector?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
hello guys,

need advise. got install iQSE on my gsr600 , all super smooth. but does anyone knows which settings i need to tweak so the engine could "shoot" while shifting gears at a certain rpm range e.g. ±7000rpm? increase cut-off times for 6200-7500rpm range to 85/90ms? or no?

thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks like a well made and simple bit of kit - I may have to add this to the waiting list of mods! The Blue Monkey Motorsports install video mentions using it for downshifts as well. Does anyone have experience using it with downshifts?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts