Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you installed healtech quickshifter on your bike? If yes could you send the placement of the sensor, and so the settings?

i installed it on my gixxer, but dosent work proably.
On low to middel throttle it works perfekt but with full throttle it cuts off but it wont let me shift up, even if i try to smash it up, or holding my foot gently up against it..
Hope you can help.
The picture is the place on the shifting lever on my bike

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed one on my Speed Triple R another lifetime ago, and had the same issues initially. Where you have installed the sensor is the best location, but it's extremely sensitive, and the slightest touch will cause a cut before a complete shift, which is why the gears won't mesh at WOT. Make sure you tightened the night against the sensor as per instructions (too tight and it's way too sensitive, too lose and it becomes inconsistent). Next, try adjusting the sensor threshold (so it's less sensitive), and also look at activating the noise filtering option. If that doesn't help start increasing the cut-off delay. Make sure your foot's not resting on the sensor (preloading) which will also cause the symptoms you're describing. These quickshifters can be very hard on most gearboxes if not set up properly, especially on some of the older gen bikes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My foot is not resting on the lever but ill try to tighent or loosn the sensor and then adjust the parameters, but the Quickshift is Worning perfectly on a stand with high rpms too, but when i take it down for a test drive, it wont work proably in high rpm

·
Registered
14 Posts
The QS will work differently on a stand because the gearbox isn't loaded. Definitely think it's a setting issue. Can you swap to GP shift - this can greatly improve the feel of a QS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recently bought the healtech for 404$
i Think it’s pretty expensive to buy a another product 🙄

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gp shift? Got a link for it?
Move the shift arm 180 degrees, so that you get reverse pattern shift or gp shift. Looking at your pic it seems like it should work ok. I'm not sure if you then have to change a setting in the qs for gp shift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why should i Make it for gp? The problem is that my bike is doing fine at low to middel throttle / rpm, but at higher rpm, it cuts off but it wont allow me to change gear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll say this one more time - GP shift creates a more positive feel that may help. Good luck getting it sorted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts