Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,536 Posts
As I read the wiring diagram, the lower projector is a H7 low beam and should always be on. The upper non-projector is a H4 hi/low that is switched by the left handlebar switches. Two bulbs should always be illuminated. It's just a matter of which one of the H4 filaments is on. I think that HID H4's can get complicated. Some have one "filament" and a movable shield to effect the hi-to-lo change. Others have two bulbs, a HID and a halogen. Presumably the HID is the hi. Since the HID gets its power from a ballast, there are two sets of leads on the two bulb version. You'll have to do some rewiring to accommodate that, though rewiring will always be needed with HIDs. That also means that there will be turn on time delays for the HID, i.e. they don't come on instantly like a halogen (though they've improved significantly from what they originally were). On the movable shield bi-xenons you'll need power to the HID that's always on and wiring to control the shield, which will take some fiddling around. I've been suspicious of LED conversions but in your case it may be be a better (simpler) solution.

P.S. My copy of the service manual isn't very high quality and I'm not sure of the wire colors to the H4 connector. As best I can tell they're B/Y to the high filament, B/W to the common ground, and B/Bl (black with blue stripe) to the low filament. Can you confirm that? I'm particulary interested in knowing if the B/Bl is correct.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts