Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s you guys suggestion on headlights in an k5 600, High and low. Looking for something that’s plug and play. I ride at night and the current ones are doing no justice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
New halogen bulbs

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,721 Posts
It looks like your low beam is an H7 and your high beam (actually hi/lo) is an H4. I replaced the H7 low on my K6 1000 with HID and it was nearly plug & play. I had to modify the rear cover so I bought another and modified it. You also have to mount the ballast and find a mating electrical connector. It's been described here.

The H4 seems more complicated. A google search for "brighter h4" led me to this, which indicates that the Osram Night Breaker is a brighter drop-in. They also show some LED variants but I'd check out how much power they draw and what their dimensions are as both could be a problem. There could also be issues with the beam pattern. The Amazon link to the Nineo bulb seems to mention 36 W, a plus if correct. You'd probably have to rework the rear cover.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m looking for a bulb. Something that I won’t have to modify anything to get it to fit/work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've personally used DDMTuning's HID setups on a few past bikes. Never had to modify anything on my bikes to get them to fit, other than mounting the ballast somewhere inconspicuous

1 - 7 of 7 Posts