Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm on the highway, my headlights sort of bounce around in their mounts. Are they mounted this way intentionally, or has something come loose? I have the clear bubble-cover over my headlights, but not the thin tray that goes over the lights behind the cover. Does this tray hold the lights steady?

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
No. You've probably got broken ball socket mounts. (one for each light) They're real cheap to replace from the dealer. I had one broken one and the light moved a fair bit. The bubble kept the light from moving too much, but I knew it wasn't right because the other one was much more solid. If you take that cover off, see if the light moves from the one corner. These little ball things are mounted on the top left (facing the lights) of the light. The other two mounts are so you can adjust the aim. The fiche doesn't show them very clearly. They were so cheap I bought an extra one in case the other lets go someday.

Now I wonder where I put that extra.... hmmmm. I'll have to go look for that.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Number 6....

It's like a little socket assembly, part plastic (which one of three tabs had broken) and a metal ball pin thing. You buy it as an assembly. Like I said, cheap for what you get...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for breaking it down to me real specific-like, Robben. I'll order some #6's right away. I'm glad they are cheap; although it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they were $15 each--the way they gouge you on these kinds of things. Anyway, thanks again, bro.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Seriously, I don't think I paid more than a couple bucks Cdn each for them, so that's what, converting to US, carry the twelve, drop the zero.... ?! hmmm. 25 cents?

Do your headlights move from that corner? Because that would be it. The only other thing might be that the tab on the metal headlamp ring is broken, but you'd be able to see that part, I think...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts