Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 07 ninja 250's when you turn the key to start the bike the headlight doesn't come on until the bike is started. Anybody have any ideas on how to do that?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can draw you up using some relays, cable and terminals if you like. But you will have to find all the correct wires to cut into on the bike. Its quite a simple idea. Ill have a go at drawing it up and post it if no one beats me to it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That simple? So you cut into the wire after the starter button (86) and hook up a diode and run that to a 4 pin relay then hook up a ground wire (85) coming out of the relay and then cut the wire going to the high/low switch (87) and splice that into the wire coming out of the diode (86) and then splice that wire (87) into the relay and come out of the relay going to the switch (30)??? This will turn on the light after the starter button is pressed not after the bike is started up correct and does it matter what relay I get?

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
all u needa do is find a 12 volt line that is on when the bike is started... off the top of my head none of the fuses do it so it would make it a lil harder to do it i think if u hook it upto the start switch it wont stay on once u let the switch go because its a momentary switch it only sends a signal out when u press the button in and that only sends it to the starter motor the right way to do it is the relay way but u need to find the prooper signal wire that will be the hardest of all to do

·
Registered
110 Posts
What ive done there is used what Ive been told is called latching a relay. You need to join a wire into the starter pull in wire (not cut it) and run it to no.86 on the relay with a diode in the line somewhere (so when the relay is latched it will not back feed 12v to the starter and hold it on) But the headlight wire has to be physically cut and the ingition side put to no.30 on the relay and the switch side put to no.87. You can find a wire that is only on while the bike is running thats fine, but I can only really think of something to do with the charging system that is only energised while the engine is running or something to do with the actual ignition of the bike, but Ive never really liked cutting into such equipment (this is just me and in no way do I intend what ive said to mean its wrong to anyone who is confident in doing it that way).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.