Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Calamari
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I am not the best at electrical issues. Second, I have downloaded the factory service manual. My problem is this; I noticed the other day my taillight wasn't working with my head lights in the high beam position. Works fine in the low beam position. Decided to check all lights on my bike at this point. Now low beam headlight only works in the high beam position along with the high beam light. Decided to check current at the dimmer switch. Everything working correctly and no corrosion or damaged wiring inside switch housing. Looked at wiring diagram in pdf factory manual. Couldn't read the color codes on the wiring. Enlarged it 325% and still unable to make out the color codes (too blurry). Not sure where to check next. All the lighting and wiring is original except LED turn signals front and rear installed by previous owner and working correctly. Also, my low beam light is 2 pronged and the pigtail is 3 pronged with a wire to each prong (see attached pics). With headlights switched to low beam I have power to the white wire (top prong socket). When switched to high beam I have power to the yellow wire (bottom left prong socket). I don't understand how I have power to a prong socket with no corresponding prong on the back of the bulb. Nothing appears to be damaged or butchered. The low beam light was working correctly the other day when this problem started. I really need help from someone who can explain in simple terms. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Calamari
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Footnote; I was just looking at the wiring diagram in the factory manual (pdf download, not printed) and realized the manual was printed in May '92 and covers models from '93 through '95. I believe the wiring harness changed for the '94 and '95 model years but there is only one diagram in the manual. Can anyone help me to locate a "readable" diagram for the '95 model year?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts