Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past a couple of people have asked me about my RH bar switch. It is a three way switch. The three positions are:
On - All lights on (normal)
Off - option one, Headlight off, taillight on
Off - option two, Headlight off taillight off
When in either off position the Brake light still works.
They are avilibable for all years of GSXR's
I have this switch on two of my Air/Oil GSXR's. This switch comes standard on JSM and Euro bikes.
The Suzuki pn for my siwitch for the 88-92 GSXR's is 37200-27A41

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This number is for the Second Gen bikes. I do not know the number for the Slabbies or the Third gen bikes, But a simalar switch was out for them as well. Mine came from Yosh and carried stock suzuki pn.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Thats not a Euro spec switch and the part No. is not a standard Euro No. it looks like a race/limited use No. from the 27A41 bit. 27A parts are generally hop ups for the race bikes , I've got shit loads of 'competition use only' RK parts that use that prefix.

For instance, race cam chain guide is 12810-27A00-R2

The part No . 37200-41C00 is for euro spec slingshot RH switch gear and is the same on the 750's and 1100's. It should be easier to get.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Bones_GSXR I want to add a Euro switch so can turn headlights on and off, mostly to aid in starting I know this is an old thread, but I can get the switch, but looks to me from US wiring diagram that it is not plug and play, do u have a Euro diagram or other advice, Thks

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,808 Posts
@Bones_GSXR I want to add a Euro switch so can turn headlights on and off, mostly to aid in starting I know this is an old thread, but I can get the switch, but looks to me from US wiring diagram that it is not plug and play, do u have a Euro diagram or other advice, Thks
Please look at the dates...there's no need to drag up dead threads.
Bones hasn't been active on here since 2011...he isn't getting back to you.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,278 Posts
The start switch on K5 & later 1000's cuts power to the headlights while cranking. I suspect that this allowed a smaller/lighter battery to be used. It ought to be possible to add that to yours with some rewiring/fiddling around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts