Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i just got my 03' 750 about 2 weeks ago and just the past few times i've taken it out i've noticed that after i ride for a while, both headlights come on and the highbeam indicator light comes on dim. If i flip on the highbeams, the lights get a little brighter and so does the then indicator light. The only way to get it back to normal with just one light for the low beams is to to turn the bike completely off.... and then sometimes it has to sit a couple minutes. I was wondering if this has happend to anybody else's bikes? Is this a common problem on these bikes? What could be causing it? Any info would help cuz it is starting to get on my nerves. oh ya, and on a side note, do gixxer's front turn signals stay lit up when the bike is on and when the key is in "park". i thought they did but my flush mounts don't. Again, any info would be appreciated.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Take off the right side lower fairing, there will be a black harness with a loop wire. Its the headlight/speedo harness. Pop that open and put in some dielectrical grease in there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Both my headlights come on on my 03, have since new.
I think they made it that way in 02

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, just the other day my low beam started flickering and then i totally i lost my low beam completly. so i was gonna do what you suggested and take off the fairing and put some of that grease in the connection. First i just started wiggling wires and then after that didn't work i figured i would just check the fuses before i went and bought some of that grease..... sure enough my low beam fuse had blown. now i havn't had a problem since with both the lights comming on so i dunno if that is some kind of built in warning sign that your low beam is about to go or or if it is just some freakish coincidence..... whatever, it is all working good now, thats all i care about. just thought i would share my story so if it happens to anybody else ya might have something to think about. and as for both the headlights suppose to be on, i'm pretty sure all gixxers except for maybe the new ones with the projection type bulb all have just one light for the low beam. Anyway, thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
96 Posts
All I know is my 03 750 and my previous 02 1000 ran both bulbs on low beam and my
buddy's 01 750 runs one bulb on low beam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts