Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the service manual perfectly for my 2006 gsxr1k and I turned the adjustment screw (both of them) about 2-3 full turns, while aimed up on a garage door. There was no movement at all.

Is this something I need to turn dozens of times ? or should this be fairy obvious when turning?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,840 Posts
It should be obvious but 5 turns may make it more obvious. Note that there's a typo in the last sentence that's been corrected in some versions. It should read "D: Vertical adjuster (Hi beam)".

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put some tape up on the wall, and started turning, ooops, went way too far :)

But it worked, took a ton of turns but its adjusted now! thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Bill, this is funny, but coincidentally, when I was done adjusting I parked my bike for an hour or so, went to start it up and after it was started no headlights at all, no upper or lower beam.

I did some searching and found the fuses are separate so I figured that cannot be it, then I found some people talking about the right side mechanism where the starter is, is going bad and the lights are integrated with the starter button. I pressed it a few times and sure enough lights are back on.

Do I just order a new "mechanism" (entire right side thing with the kill switch/starter) or can I open it some how and spray some contact cleaner?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts