Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question for the srad (and maybe other owners too) about the headlight enclosure on the srad models. Mine has sorta dried up water spots, maybe from condensation on the inside. it looks as though it had gotten wet b4 and dried leaving water spots and the like.
(ive not been able to reproduce any moisture on the inside though) Now, im wondering how 2 clean the inside of the lense. it seems that it is sealed and not accessible i think the only thing i can fit in it is a toothbrush end to clean with....
any ideas?????? sorry 4 the low priority question, but its been on my mind for a while now.

thanks guys (and gals)

·
Registered
645 Posts
I wish I could give you some advice here that would be feasible.. but I believe it's somewhat sealed. Meaning you could probably pop it apart, but would have to seal it with some sort of epoxy again and let dry before you reinstall it. I've never done it, but if you did, there are some light abrasive polishing compounds you could use to take that stuff out of glass though. They sell it in states like Hawaii that get the salt spots, or rain spot damage. It takes that stuff out. I'd pull it out and look it over before prying on the lens. You could break it and would have to pay a left nut to replace it with a new one!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Finally!
I wanted to post this same question for some time but I figured everyone would think I was some anal nut.
I tried using plastic cleaner used for Jeep tops. I removed the bulbs sprayed it in and wiped it with some long Q tips. This worked a little but not the results I was looking for. I also think that some of the spots are pits in the plastic from heat and stress. H20 spots

[ 05-28-2002, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: Breathsounds ]

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
breath-

its not being anal its being observant. my buddy has a 97 srad 750 with 12k miles and his is completely spotless. also, he has a breather tube on the left (driver's) side of the assembly.
why not the 99 models too??
anyway, any help in this matter is gr8ly appreciated.

scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts