Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,

I've looked into this via the service manual, but now I'm looking for some further insight from those who have done this already.

Reason for removal...I originally did the cathack like many do, to my 09 gsxr 600. Going this route has been great, but I know that its not a perfect seal as water drips where the two pipes meet. So for this reason, this winter I want to remove the exhaust and will have a friend remove some of the pipe (where I made my mess haha), have it fitted with a new piece and weld everything together for a clean and sealed header to exhaust.

What I have already done...removed the radiator, as I was already planning on a coolant flush, I simply loosened up a few more blots and removed the radiator all together. I also have read to spray the header bolts which should help when loosening. Finally, I know to replace the gaskets.

My questions are as follows:

1. The manual claims that I will need to lift the fuel tank and disconnect the HO2 sensor coupler? Seems that this can be skipped...your thoughts?

2. The EXCV...do i need to loosen all of those different items or can i simply detach from pulley and unscrew the bracket that attaches to the header.

If I'm missing anything or you have further suggestions, please respond. Looking for all the help I can get so that come next spring the bike doesn't have to go into the shop for this and that, because i f'ed it up.

Thanks

·
Rectally Assaulted on a Regular Basis
1,147 Posts
One peice of advice i can give you on taking off headers is make sure you have a good socket extension and a swivel socket adaptor. not sure on the HO2 sensor but i'd just pull the cables on the set valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts