Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Regards my GSXR750 K3, Just needing some advice. I recently bought a 36mm socket and torque wrench with the intention of removing the Stem nut but the socket was too large. Not keen to spend money again does anyone know what socket size I need to remove this pointed nut please? The dimensions are "inner part 29mm, outer part 36mm. I know there are different types of sockets but don't want to buy until I can confirm the correct size. Thanks kindly! mac77

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi thanks for reply but unfortunately I already bought a 36mm socket (36mm inner/ 41mm outer) which is too large hence my confusion as already mentioned in my post! Maybe it's the shape?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
My k7 1000 is a 36mm / 1 7/16" socket. The dimension point to point, is 42mm. Your dimension of 36mm point to point, is a 32mm socket. BUT your dimension of 29mm AF (across the flats) is a 29mm socket with 33mm point to point. Check your measurements.
AF, is how metric bolts are measured.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Studying your picture, the 29mm dimension is on the curved portion, you must measure across the flats. Which would measure 32mm. 😅 Done my head in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JK750:- "Did you bother to look at the photo before making an assumption?" :sneaky: The bike has a star like nut and I already tried a 36mm socket hence the confusion. "Craigfer63" correctly identified a 32mm "cross" as the socket needed hence I replied to him and have ordered said socket.;)

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
So, what are you up there JK ? I just took my steering head apart to service it myself. Bike had done 55000 km, when I got it, so I had to have a look . I found the small amount of Suzuki grease they put on at the factory. Bearings were worn but I judged them serviceable at this stage. With notes in my log book to replace in 12000km. Then I done swingarm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts