Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lights on my 03 1k cut out intermitently when riding and sometimes they wont come on wehn i start it. If I turn it off and restart it they usually come back on. When it does this the tach lights dont come on either and the tach is off too. Where should I start looking?

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there a relay that controls both the headlights and the tach?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Dont get a new wire harness. Are u some what electrically inclined??

Something is loose and sometimes not maken contact. There is really only 1 main connecter going up to the front, u can locate it by taken ur left faring out. Unplug it and examine it. If thats good, check all wire that u can, make sure none are fraed/broke. If all looks good, then try finden out where the power stops in the line when the problem happens. Look in ur manual and find the color wire for the headlights. When the lights go out start proben with ur multimeter and find where the power is/isnt getten to. Also make sure there is a good ground. Make sure hi/low beam switch is good too.

Probably something simple.

D

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The neutral light stays on but the headlights and tach cuts out. I think its some sort of relay related problem. Which relay controls the guages and lights. My bike is my only ride so I need to fix it NOW.....

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
There is no relay for them, its straight power. Which is why im sayen check ur wires. If ur not blowen a fuse, then u dont have a short. Something is loose or doesnt have a good ground.

D

·
Registered
915 Posts
check your fuses as well(i know its a PITA to check 'em all, but do it)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts