Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh... My hole front Fairing is loose...The little screws that hold the headlight to the main peice of plastic that bolts to the frame are striping out... What a shitty design... I see that they improved it on the newer models... Any of you guys find a fix for this yet? Will the newer faring/ mirror bracket fit in our bikes... Thanks Guys, Dave

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It is a crappy design. I've seen so many busted up headlights. If it's not busted up i would think you could use bigger screws to make new threads in the plastic. If its busted then either buy a new headlight or make some homemade brackets to brace it. I had to do that for a while till i got my new headlight from ron ayers for $221. Good luck.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yeah, that headlight mounting design sucks balls on these models. All my tabs are broken so I made some "L" brackets up and it is pretty sturdy(Until I hit the lottery and can afford a brand new shiny headlight)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the light is still good... May be I'll take it all apart this winter and make my own bracket that will fit like the new gixxer's...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Originally posted by metal doc:
Just take a tip from the stunterz and zip tie the sucker to the front brace. Works fine for my 98.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats a good idea I'll have to try that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts