Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have blown a head gasket. I have white smoke coming out the exhaust along with some sort of liquid (maybe condensation). the engine will only turn on for 3 or 4 seconds if i dont rev the engine. Otherwise the engine cuts off. If it is a blown head gasket how much does that cost to get fixed? is this something that can be fixed at home? what else could it be besided a blown headgasket? Please help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is doubtful about the head gasket. what were you doing? you could pm me if you want ill try to help.
jason
Hey I lowsided the bike in the mountains and busted my stator cover. it was leaking oil really bad. the cops were on the way so i had to drive it to the nearest garage about 2-5 miles from the crash to avoid getting a ticket. i think the oil may have completely left the engine during the ride to the garage. anyway i pretty much got the bike completely fixed except for the white smoke and cut off issue i am having. I troubleshooted white smoke and head gasket kept coming up as a potential problem. if you dont think its that what do you think it is? im going to PM this to you too just in case..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts