Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
When i bought my v rod back in 2004, the salesman said if i don't buy it now, it would be sold by the end of the week. Full of shit that guy was! I waited two weeks then i went back and buy it from another salesman, and i got a better deal to. 2k less and 500 in accessories. What i was disappointed about was after 60 mph it was a pig!!! In 2004 there was only three tire brands that had the back tire size, and they were a junk. I only got one riding season out of them. If i remember right they were AVON,Dunlop,and Bridgestone.Anyways, I hit a deer with it, fixed it sold it and bought a ducati 999, sold that after three years and got gsxr 1000, my next bike will be a yamaha raider for a cruiser. BTW anyone remembers the TV show PINKS, when the v rod drag raced and lost to a old jap bike. LOL

·
Super Moderator
15,046 Posts
When i bought my v rod back in 2004, the salesman said if i don't buy it now, it would be sold by the end of the week. Full of shit that guy was! I waited two weeks then i went back and buy it from another salesman, and i got a better deal to. 2k less and 500 in accessories. What i was disappointed about was after 60 mph it was a pig!!! In 2004 there was only three tire brands that had the back tire size, and they were a junk. I only got one riding season out of them. If i remember right they were AVON,Dunlop,and Bridgestone.Anyways, I hit a deer with it, fixed it sold it and bought a ducati 999, sold that after three years and got gsxr 1000, my next bike will be a yamaha raider for a cruiser. BTW anyone remembers the TV show PINKS, when the v rod drag raced and lost to a old jap bike. LOL

That was a hard Harley to sell back in the day because the die hard Harley boys didn't like the unconventional style of the V-Rod, nor did they care for a Porsche motor. No secret there. The sportsters would go so much quicker, especially on the used lot.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts