Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you compare the handling of a Hayabusa with a GSXR1100? I haven't had a chance of riding one, yet. Weight and wheelbase are similar. What do you think? Please make me smart.

·
Registered
461 Posts
it has a much more advanced suspension thatn an older 1100.
It steers slow, and is nice and rock solid whether going straight, or turning.
the brakes could use some work, but the power is un-friggin-believable for a bike with a warranty.
overall it is the most awsome bike i have ever ridden(haven't tried a GSXR1000 yet)

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I should get you in touch with an aquaintance of mine. He's got a Busa, 1000, and a TL...he's commented that each has its own personality and use. I'd be happy with just one new bike.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Handling wise it is very close to the late (93-98) 1100's as they both make better Sport touring bikes than race bikes, both are very stable and not twitchy at all, the main difference is the power and what a difference that HP makes. The bodywork makes a difference as well. Suzuki had all ready decided that the Busa would not be a Racer when they designed it that is why the number is GSX1300R instead of GSX-R1300. The GSX is the Katana line.
Bones

·
Registered
99 Posts
Igot a 90/1100&a 2k busa, the 1100 has better wind protection but gets moved around(windy days) a lot more then the busa, acceleration wise the busa pulls so damn hard u really get pushed back so hard u gotta really got to hold on, suspenion wise much better than the 11, both bikes
have a pipe ,busa has 43 sprocket, pc-2, tre.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts