Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to forum and need help. Have 2012 Hayabusa - - bike starts and runs great. While riding bike instrument cluster will lose power (gauges go to zero) - - engine keeps running (may feel slight burp when gauges lose power )but it stills runs. After about 1-3 seconds power will come back on to cluster and gauges will react just as if you just turned on the key (gauges will swing to max and then back down to zero) and then will show rpm, speed, etc until it loses power again . I have checked fuses, wiring, new battery, taped up side stand into up position wiggled wires while it was running - - all did no good. Bought another new battery and installed - - voltage was good; alternator working; bike starts right up. Went for about 15 mile ride to test and it lost power to instrument cluster maybe 20 times in that short of ride - - does it regardless of speed and on flat road or on hills or turns. I need some help as this intermittent problem is ruining my riding. I have seen other posts in the past on other Suzuki GXRs and never saw a solution. Please help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Greg,
You have to take all bodywork off and go plug-by-plug,
pull apart see if any corrosion if looks clean - Vaseline it and re-plug, mark plug with permanent marker - just a dot
It should be around the head area, but if no luck - keep going
Also check every wire to each plugs
I have seen one wire get pushed out pin that caused a new wire harness.
Also seen 300 mile Gilera Fuoco needed full wiring harness because all (most) plugs had one or two corroded pins.
I hope it helped.
On KTM we had lots of one wire brake in the harness by the neck because factory put cable tie everywhere and lock of freedom of movement.
The harness put extra force on the shortest wire, which were usually the clock power wire.
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts