Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the clutch side on, but i think its impossible to do the throttle side, how do u do it??!!?! Any help here is greatly apreciated.

Jon

·
Registered
99 Posts
lots of baby oil and brute force bud, took me ages to get that throttle side on

·
Registered
115 Posts
Are they Harris grips? If so you need to cut off the plasting ring that runs around your twist throttle near the bar-end... use a razor blade/utility knife... its easy

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Are they Harris grips? If so you need to cut off the plasting ring that runs around your twist throttle near the bar-end... use a razor blade/utility knife... its easy
+1, then tap that shit in. Don't twist it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just blow some compressed air in the grip and it will expand, then slide it right off. Took me about 20 seconds to remove it

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just blow some compressed air in the grip and it will expand, then slide it right off. Took me about 20 seconds to remove it
Yeah that might help if he was removing them....but I think he's trying to install on e bud

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
word on the street is cut off that little lip like the above post mentioned, then spray hairspray inside the grip and it will slide on easier....i found that out after i had a bitch of a time gettin mine on...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, i fount out the hard way lol. I tryed to push it around the lip and it messed up the inner black ring, they are harris grips. Another buddy of mine said go head and use compressed air to get it on havent tryed it yet, im @ work im going to try here in a min, i bought a new pair cause the right one was all jacked up lol. I will try cutting the little ring on the end if the air dosent work. Thanks for all the input, will post pics up after install is complete. Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
If you do not cut the lip off you can easily fuck up another grip. Just cut it off and shoot some hair spray on it and you will be done with it. Push it up on the throttle as far as you can so there is no restriction on the bar end....

Easy as that!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Probly an obvious answer to this, but I claim noobeness on mods.
I was thinking of getting the Harris grips too.
Those need adhesive glue right?
It would suck to have them sliding around.
I looked for adhesive glue on oneida but couldn't find any.

Thanks,
Da

·
Registered
115 Posts
you dont need glue on the throttle side.... after the lip is cut off, you can just use compressed air to help with sliding it on.... on the clutch side, I used gasoline... pour a little bit in the grip, shake it around, dump the excess out and slide the grip on... it will not move... I have been using this method on atv grips for years.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I've used hairspray on all of my grips and I have NEVER had one slide around or move 1mm!! Cheap and simple!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Similar question, I Replaced the grips, but when I went to put the bar ends back on, it now looks like the part the bolt for the end threads in to is pushed way far down into the bar, and the bolt can't reach it nopw, any thoughts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I got the bastard on last night, compressed air didnt work out to well so I cut the outer lip off and put some hairspray inside and it worked like a champ. I got it on but there is about a 2/8 in gap between the grip and starter clip, dosent look bad but i wish it would sit flush but i think the only way is to cut that lip off too and im not sure if i want to do that so ill just leave it be. Check it out. Thanks for all the tips guys!

Jon

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just bought the same grips with some GSX-R engraved bar ends. The bar ends don't look like they screw in like the stock ones.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Well, I got the bastard on last night, compressed air didnt work out to well so I cut the outer lip off and put some hairspray inside and it worked like a champ. I got it on but there is about a 2/8 in gap between the grip and starter clip, dosent look bad but i wish it would sit flush but i think the only way is to cut that lip off too and im not sure if i want to do that so ill just leave it be. Check it out. Thanks for all the tips guys!
It looks right to me. There has to be a gap on the throttle side and the left side looks fine to me! Great job!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Speed Secret 1256 Used Compressed Air Like Beirut151 Says! On And Off In 5min!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts