Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can get every screw loose except the two side allen ones, they just keep spinning, i look inside the trunk and can see something on the end of the screws spinning with it, it almost looks like the threaded portion of the subframe has kinda come loose, i cant really reach under to hold on to it to remove the bolts.
Has this ever happened to anyone before, i have only removed the tail once before and that was last winter and it was just fine, i cant imagine that i tightned it that much

what might anyone suggest to get it removed, drill out the center? but then i may have no mounting points.

thanks much

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
try using a flathead scredriver under the tab of the rea..the inner threads are spinning free from the subframe..common problem from over tightening them. if u get them off that way b4 u put it back togethr put soem red loctite to hold the threaded sleeve into the subframe...do not get in in the threads! if you cant get it out with a flathead then you need to drill them out and replace them... good luck bro

J

·
Registered
658 Posts
No matter what you use to fix this it will be a pain the arsch. I just took my tail off and all plastics to completly detail my bike and I had no problem, but you can mess up the tail real easy because those back screws in the tail are hard to get undone. I just took the whole tail off before I took apart the tail itself. Then it was a little easier to take apart and clean it up. Good luck, and be patient, if you can't be patient go have a beer or sumthin, cause you might tear sumptin up. Ya know!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
after you get it off put some of that jb weld to get it back on and hopefully give a better hold

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great tips, thanks much i will try it out next week when i get back from riding home, and let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts