Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I said that I was going to eat healthy and listen to my body. Usually I eat 6 times a day - healthy stuff - and I am hungry the moment I wake up...

Well starting about 2 weeks ago my apetite has dropped to zero. I eat one meal a day (dinner) less than 1000 calories and that holds me over till dinner the next night.

I am a little weirded out because from age 16 untill two weeks ago I have had an appetite of a hungry dog. I eat a lot and I eat often - I even still eat when I am sick. This is the first time in my life that I have not eaten atleast 3 times in a day. I feel great otherwise (good energy, sleeping well) - so I wonder if this is a temporary adjustment.

On the plus side - I am down 15 lbs and I am getting some good definition. :punk

Anyone have this happen?

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
you have teh aidz :dunno

That is pretty strange....... seriously though. Might need to see a doctor :dunno

·
the gun show
3,186 Posts
I've gone through phases like that...just try not to get in the habit of eating only once or twice a day. It could hurt the progress you've made.

When it happens to me I make myself eat even if it's just a little something to keep on a good schedule.

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've gone through phases like that...just try not to get in the habit of eating only once or twice a day. It could hurt the progress you've made.

When it happens to me I make myself eat even if it's just a little something to keep on a good schedule.
I was going to eat breakfast this morning but it is weird - the thought of eating makes me sick. Which is weird cause I LOVE to put some food down the hatch.

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm...maybe you're getting a virus? :dunno Any other symptoms?

Maybe give it a couple of days then try again.
No - feel perfectly normal - in fact I feel really good...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Eating once a day tells your body to store fat. It senses starvation so it holds on to everything. Hopefully you're back to normal in a couple days or I would try to make myself eat something

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Two weeks is a bit long for your body to adjust - I know many who over train or hit that barrier where there body just shuts down and digestion is slowed but otherwise feel OK. It usually picks up after a few days though. Any anxiety or nervous tension? That can throw you for a loop and is deceiving the first few days. Either way, your body is telling you somethings not right and it's trying to fix it.

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Two weeks is a bit long for your body to adjust - I know many who over train or hit that barrier where there body just shuts down and digestion is slowed but otherwise feel OK. It usually picks up after a few days though. Any anxiety or nervous tension? That can throw you for a loop and is deceiving the first few days. Either way, your body is telling you somethings not right and it's trying to fix it.
I just made myself eat and I feel like I have to puke (not doing that agian)... If I wait for dinner I can eat just fine. I am just going to listen to my body...

I am just going to wait it out as long as I continue to feel good...

·
Wants Robert Pattinson to explore his Twilight Sta
3,415 Posts
hiv

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
A loss of appetite can be an indication of an underlying medical problem, or it could be something as simple as stress. It's not a bad idea to see a doctor and have them rule out anything that might be causing it, especially since it's been going on for two weeks.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
:wacko

Seriously though.

I get stressed and lose my appetite and start to lose weight. Then I'll get the urge to eat something then feel guilty for eating and wanna continue to lose weight, so I force myself to purge to keep losing. It's not an ongoing thing, but it'll last for weeks at a time. I've done this numerous times over the past 15 years or so. But not for 15 years straight. Just in spurts.....

·
Banned
5,290 Posts
:wacko

Seriously though.

I get stressed and lose my appetite and start to lose weight. Then I'll get the urge to eat something then feel guilty for eating and wanna continue to lose weight, so I force myself to purge to keep losing. It's not an ongoing thing, but it'll last for weeks at a time. I've done this numerous times over the past 15 years or so. But not for 15 years straight. Just in spurts.....
eh, i'm pretty sure that is bordering on an eating disorder. i would go talk to someone though. i mean it's great to get input on a gixxer forum and everything, but a psychologist would be the best person to put the question to.

there is usually something else going on beneath the compulsive behavior and associated guilt, and they can help you get to and overcome it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This actually happens to me every now and then, but it only lasts a week at a time, I just force myself to eat, typically I make myself eat jerky since its high in protein, and its always easy for me to eat, usually I'll eat cashews as well to get some fat in my diet; if you still arent eating you should really go see a doctor..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
SprGrn66
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing