Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am just too heavy for my stock spring. Has anyone tried a firmer spring on the original shock?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Its time to step-up and buy a new shock.
I cant believe yours is still working, after ALL theses years!
Works Performance makes a great replacement shock, and its rebuildable, an added feature is it wont break your bank,
Regards~ Jim

·
Registered
163 Posts
ebay usually has a few shocks up for bidding.

you can also by some new gsxr shocks and try to fit them. some are a bolt on afair...others not so much.

i just picked up a 2000-2003 gsxr750 shock to try to work on my bike. I'm told it will bolt up, but the battery box needs to be relocated. i'll post up my findings once i get the shock in.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I have a 92' 1100. I sent the shock/spring to Race Tech. Gave them info on my weight/riding style etc. They rebuilt the stock shock (which is a pretty good shock already) and added a custom Eibach spring. The stock spring on my bike was designed for a 120 lbs rider. This made a world of difference. The whole deal was a little over $200.

·
3,486 Posts
Lindemann Engineering does the same, not sure of the cost. These slabside shocks were crap when new, now they are worn out twenty-year-old crap. I can't wait to change mine too........

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the rear shock on my bike IS rebuildable?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: Has anyone tried alternate springs on their OEM rear sho

2000 750 shock works nice, real stiff and sturdy. Had one on my ladies 750, but I couldn't lower it anymore so I replaced it with the original. The ride was nice if your over 5'9''. Any shorter you will have to go with stock.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Has anyone tried alternate springs on their OEM rear sho

Thanks for the replies, folks. I think I may just save up and get a Works shock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.