Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Gsxr1000 that getting race ready. I'm not asking how it's done but I'm asking has anyone made the bike shift 1 up 5 down. An if no one has done it I guess I'll find out an show all of you how to do it.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
"Serious" I'm asking because apparently you can do it with the stock transmission an I was curious if that's possible before jumping in there an finding out I can't do it.

Jumping "In" there? Not sure you have any idea. Best just to leave it alone. :dissapointed

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Would imagine that you will have a few 'interesting' moments while you get used to it; and probably on-going as you switch bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Have it done to my bikes and I like it better the GP style. Shifting seems more comfortable. I should have done the GP shift pattern a decade ago.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
I've worked on engines an basically every part of a bike a lot I'm just doing more research is all.

I don't understand your comment then about Jumping In There. Seems that maybe there is a part of your bike that you have never worked on.

Sit beside your bike and look at the shift lever and linkage for a bit. Then see if you can figure it out.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
:lmao

Is this a serious question? You are acting like it is something difficult to switch to GP shift.

Do a little research on this site, 1000's of us have done it, and I would say 90% of racers run GP shift. It takes about 37.5 seconds to switch from standard to GP shift, no need to show any of us.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, I thought it would be different. I suppose I didn't understand that it was just moving the shift linkage around I originally thought you had to actually get in the motorcycle and swap everything around.:cheers
For everyone else who was being a dick nose thank you for being no help. Instead of being a prick to everyone who is trying to learn just teach them, if you keep seeing the same question then just move along it wasn't like I asked how to attach a jet engine an flux capacitor to the engine. :flipoff

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
For everyone else who was being a dick nose thank you for being no help. Instead of being a prick to everyone who is trying to learn just teach them, if you keep seeing the same question then just move along it wasn't like I asked how to attach a jet engine an flux capacitor to the engine. :flipoff
Welcome, you'll love it here. :shifty

Thin-skinned peeps need not apply. :lol

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
You could have you know, searched. I'm thinking of switching to full synthetic oil, has anyone done this? I'm doing research before I jump in there and find it's no good and blow the engine. littleschulman, lighten up Francis, how can anyone take you seriously when asking anything beginning with "Has anyone _____"?

·
Registered
66 Posts
yes i have a 09 that the frist i did ez i just change it to the other side sanded down the bolt on water pump like it were it is change a round to the side

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Fuck,I just ride around in 2nd gear and don't even bother shifting. GP..Non GP..it's all so confusing :facepalm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts