Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1987 GsxR-7/11
972 Posts
Try to find a store that carries car upholstery, headliners, etc... I had a buddy a few years back who recovered my 87 750 seat, did an awesome job. He did the back portion with a really soft foam and stitched it to act as the solo cover, when I had a passenger they just climbed on and the soft foam squished down. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
hey man check out customseatcreations.com and you can get the covers already designed to your needs and just remove your old cover and cover them yourself take a look at mine, did them myself.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I recovered mine using marine grade vinyl,any of your local fabric stores should stock it.Marine vinyl will have less fading due to UV light and is less susceptable to water damage.

Its simple to do:
-Lay the new vinyl in the sun to make it more pliable
-Remove the staples from your seat pan,be careful not to rip the existing cover
-Use the old seat cover as a template and trace it out on the new vinyl,I cut about a 1/2" extra just in case.
-stretch the vinyl over the seat foam and place a few staples in it,a staple gun is a must.
-use a heatgun/hairdrier to keep the vinyl flexable and continue to work it into the shape of the seat

I recovered both of mine in about 2.0 hrs,cost was $4.00 for materials.
I can shoot some pics tomorrow if you'd like

·
Registered
608 Posts
armorman2001 said:
hey man check out customseatcreations.com and you can get the covers already designed to your needs and just remove your old cover and cover them yourself take a look at mine, did them myself.
They only carry stock for brand new gsxr

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Here's a few pics

·
Registered
113 Posts
armorman2001 said:
That looks cool. Good deal:cheers

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
:lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.