Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone tried to put the Harris Gsx-R Grips on an 04 750? I tried to do it last night I got the left grip on with not to much of a fight. But when I got around to putting the right side on. After I cut off the stock grip there is a Lip on the end of the Throttle assembely. That I couldn't get the new grip over for the Life Of me. I tried every thing Lubing it up wit soap, heating it up wit a Hair Dryer to make it softer but Nothin woked . Any body else have any of these problems or know of a way I can get that God dam thing on. And does any Body know the 800 # or the Direct web site to Harris so i can also call them for a sugesstions.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a hell of time getting them on my 600..i used grip glue..bad idea, the shit dried before i could get the grip all the way up to the end.it was even hard trying to get them off..but i got it after a couple of trys

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Cut that lip off, throw some of your womans hairspray on it, and it will slide right on!! That is the way that I did it and it has not moved in close to a year now! Easy, simple, but effective!!

rob

·
Registered
684 Posts
Cut that lip off, throw some of your womans hairspray on it, and it will slide right on!! That is the way that I did it and it has not moved in close to a year now! Easy, simple, but effective!!

rob
yeah cut that lip off, or you will fuck it up like I did. After I fucked it up, I cut the lip off and it went right on.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I had the guys at the local shop put them on for me and they even f'd up the right grip trying to get it over the lip.. The air compressor works well on the left side and a bit on the right but they eventually cut the lip off the second time and with the compressor it went on perfectly dry.

·
Registered
657 Posts
cut the lip off. i actually broke a 1/4 in. chunk out of the lip so i removed the rest to be flush and i slides right on. i used a generous amount of rubbing alcohol. slides on easy and then evaporates. do what ever it takes because harris grips are awesome. no more numb fingers from vibrations.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
I got progrips. This is the second bike I've had them on. They are great, just cut the lip off and use hairspray to get them on.

·
Registered
670 Posts
When you say "cut the lip off" what are you referring to?The hard plastic lip that is already on the handle bar that held the stock grips in place? And if it is the plastic lip, do i cut off the small one on the outer handle bard and the bigger one on the inner side? Im confused. I bought a set of grips on ebay and the big round flap doesn't have a groove to fit the grips over the throttle.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Outer side (near the bar end) of the grip on the throttle is what you cut off!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts