Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that I just located my problem, although it does sound like a wierd one. I have found that if I take the float needles out of the two cylinders that are not firing and put them in the cylinders that are firing and swap them, then the two that were firing before don't fire and the others do. So I am relating it to this cause. Is this possible, because the needles look perfectly fine. Also I have been looking around for needles and have found the factory brand jet kits. Does one of these include the float needles and seats. And is this a good kit to get. I would like to get the stage 30 kit. If anyone has any experience with factory let me know. Thanks. Wade

·
Registered
53 Posts
Needles and seats are not included in jet kits but adjustable fuel metering needles are, bite the bullet and get new needles and seats they can be finicky

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
If you want to know for sure if your float-needles are working, just take a piece of clear tubing (fish-tank air-hose will work, but only once - it turns brittle and yellow from the gasoline) attach the tubing to the drain on the bottom of the float bowl, hold the tubing so it loops down, then up past the the top of the carb and open up the drain screw, and turn the reserve switch to the "PRI" position. the fuel should run into the tubing, reach a certain point, then stop. If it keeps flowing much past the tops of the float bowls (it could go all the way up to the level of the fuel tank) your float needles are shot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, thanks for the last reply, I didn't even think about that, I'm going to try that and see if they work or not. just one more question about it will this test tell you at what level in the carburetors the fuel is set at. I priced out a new set of needles today. 43.00 each. WOW, anybody know where to get them cheaper. Please!!!, Thanks. Wade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts