Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has ever fabricated a mid fairing brace, for the front of your plastcs, because I feels as if I am seeing them move in the mids area at high rates of speed.

Might sound stupid, but, I am just curious...

Later

JDB1371

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have seen the movement you talk about at between 145 and 160 but it is where the foam goes on the inside of your fairing stock. If this foam is missing you may want to add some. I have thought about adding some but then I ripped all the bodywork off of the 88 and the 90 has the foam and does not have the problem. A brace should not be that hard to fab if you need one I'd just use a strap from the front lower bolt to the front of the cradle by the lower cooler bracket.
Bones

·
Registered
156 Posts
hey ...i was running the F1 yosh body work on mine and it did the same thing.
What i did was ,i went to the hardware store and bought a threaded rod , 4 washers,and 4 nuts. I placed the rod between the motor and the frame,where the cradle bolts are in front of the motor. Tied it down with tiewraps , then i screwed one nut on each side to the desired position , then washer then drilled a hole in the mid and slid the mid on , then washer,then another nut. Solved the flapping mid problem . Of course you might have to cut the rod so it stay short and doesn't stick out all crazy ,, but it looks nice if you get a finishing bolt for the out side . Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts