Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted Harris rearsets on my gixxer today. They simply rock. They are a fraction of the weight of the stock footrests and are adjustable to move your feet up and back. I felt the obvious difference in the first ride afterfitting them as the higher positioning of feet meant more ground clearance and more compact body weight meant easier lean (you feel that your body weight is more rounded and can be used to throw the bike around more effectively.)These are a couple of pickies:

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
they look very nice. Did they come with the black heelguards??? Are they painted or powder coated??? I hope the latter of the two......so, how much (if u dont mind....)

scott

[ 07-13-2002, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
yum yummy yum yum

i'm gonna get those when the bike gets unbent !!!

Scott, i think the're brushed aluminium

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are brushed aluminium otherwise they couldn't be so light. Here in UK they cost £296.10 and the heelguards are carbon fibre and cost £43.30. Should be cheaper in the US although they are made in UK!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are top of the range but you should be able to get them cheaper in US. There is a plenty of choice out there. GIles cost £275 (inc. carbon heelplates), Robby adjustables cost £199, Raask cost £90. I think Giles are more popular in US.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have been looking into a new pair of rearsets. Can you flip the shift pattern on all of them?

Those Harris are looking good. Dig the carbon fiber.

[ 07-13-2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: nolimits63 ]

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the shift pattern is the same as stock. The rearsets are only good for saving weight and changing the position of feet (8 adjustments: 4 horizontol and 4 vertical). I think the higher the feet are the more compact the body weight becomes and helps you sling the bike around corners faster. This is only my first impression. Anybody else felth this change after adjusting or changing the height of foot pegs/rearsets?

·
Registered
187 Posts
NICE
I'm getting the attack rear sets couple of friends have them em tasty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts