Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a hot start problem with FI GSXR's? if my bikes hot it won't restart unless it has sat for a while it will run my batt dead cranking, I have pulled the plugs when its in this state and they are dry, i have tried adjusting the trim richer no dice leaner no dice, plugs are new its driving me nuts
because when its running it rips...02 750 powercomander , Micron serpent, k&n.....Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
i'm thinkin it might be the Powercommander.. i had the same problem with a map i was using.. i changed to a custom map from motojoe and the problem decreased significantly.. However i still have some hard starts.. not nearly as often, but i still have them. I Still need to get my bike to the dyno and have it mapped though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have nothing but a yosh slip on and have the same issue. My mechanic thinks its the starter going bad and overheating while drawing from the battery. Has anyone replaced their starter and seen good results?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update.. I unpluged the powercomander and just used the stock ecu and it still does it ..I am looking into the secondary throttle system. when it was in the no start condition i pulled the airbox and they were closed I forced them open with my finger and it fired right up......

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have nothing but a yosh slip on and have the same issue. My mechanic thinks its the starter going bad and overheating while drawing from the battery. Has anyone replaced their starter and seen good results?
Not sure what your mechanic is thinking.. If the starter continues to crank and crank and crank, how can it be the starter that is causing it not to start.. It either has to be a fuel delivery problem or a spark issue.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I had the same problem with my y2k 750 with pc. Did you check your battery at crank, while sitting, and at idle? Mine wound up being the battery.

·
Registered
75 Posts
my 2002 K1 750 has just started doing this, and somtimes when cold, fuck me i`ve not got a clue whats up with it.
i had the pair mod, tre, remus race can, k+n and a PCII.
i took off the tre and pair mod and set my PCII to zero map.
cleaned and re gapped the plugs, they was dirty the 1st time but now they stay clean.
i get some backfiring, did have some front firing into the air box but as of now it dont do that.
it could have been shite petrol/gas ran it to nearly empty and put about a gallon and a half it it about 6 litres of new fuel, still no luck..
the thing is it just started to do this last week,
it goes like shit off a shuvel when it does start up, usaly takes longer when warm..
maybe just take it to the dealer and see if they know what the fucks up..
fucking pissing me off. it`s only done 5,400 miles. and am going touring the french alps in 7 weeks. from the UK

plrase help me..
[email protected]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to dig up a old post but i found the problem thought it might be useful to someone someday...I have a PCIIIR and it was the ign timing side of the PCIIIR ...the thing got fried somehow....disconected the loop for the ign side of the PCIIIR and it runs and starts great.....wierd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts