Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a blocked vacuum pipe that opens the fuel tap (why not just use a regular fuel tap?). Anyway, solved by unblocking the pipe, allowing the vacuum from the carbs to the fuel tap to open the tap. Was intermittent because when the vacuum did work and the tap did open, it would fill the carbs and run for a while, then stop randomly.

To check, pull the vacuum pipe off the tap, put a large syringe on the pipe (I have one for bleeding brakes) and turn over the engine, the plunger should suck in to the syringe.
Thks for the input , I have just checked by opening bowl drain screws and have always had gas present….I was very aware of the situation there as I had the opposite problem until I rebuilt the petcock and put in new float needles and valves….it was always flowing gas, and had even filled a cylinder once with gas (caught it before starting)…

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@TwistedMister I looked for the European controls and was thinking it was left side, but yes there is a right side European control with lights on and off switch! However looking at the wiring diagram in the Service Manual it does not appear that this will work with my wiring, I don’t see an empty circuit there….interestingly, also on my switch, is a little plastic block off place where the european switch has its lights on off switch, so I am hoping thinking maybe I just just mod my switch but would also have to figure out the wiring. i was looking for a Europen wiring diagram in line can’t find. i would like to do this mod especialky if I can do it super clean with a stock type switch….

Installed the new battery, reads about 13.2V with bike off, old one was about 12.3….the bike will start now but not easily or confidentally….run generally good, but when hot, will die at stoplights. Also a little stumble at 5500-6000 before clearing out.

So plan from here is to synch carbs and adjust air screws with color tune….my buddy just did this on my CB1100F and it helped a ton….I also need to adjust valves because I’m not sure when it was done, and then I’d like to do this switch mod….if still not running/idling perfect ill take carbs out again and replace pilot with one size higher (to help idle) drop needles one notch (to help mid range)….

21 - 22 of 22 Posts