Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago Wednesday I bought a 05 1000. I was real excited cause my 02 1000 was stolen by a uhaul last year, and couldn't wait to get back on a 1000 again. I ended up putting a Viper 771 alarm/remote start on the bike thurs/friday. Friday night I finished putting my 3 day old gsxr back together and my buddy with an 03 600 met up with me to go for a ride. We rode around for a little, and I decided to go home to grab a sweater cause it was getting a little chilly. We pulled up on the sidewalk in front of my apartment in a decent neighborhood and I ran upstairs to get my sweater. I come back down within five minutes on a Friday night, and I put my key in the ignition. My buddy was still on his bike with his helmet on, as I turned my bike on with my helmet on my mirror. As i proceed to put one leg over, two guys walk by, turn around, and one pulls out a gun and the other a knife. The guy with the gun walks up to me and hits me in the forehead with the butt of his gun. they jump on the bikes and proceed to take off. The guy riding my 60-mile old 1000 proceeds to peel off the sidewalk, makes a uturn, starts peeling off. Whiles he's peeling out, he lets go of the handles, grabs my helmet with both hands, and puts my helmet on his head with both hands, and continues to peel out. As this is going on, my buddy and I are both on the phone calling the police. So much for my fancy alarm w/ anti-hijacking if he has my keys and remote. To make things more interesting, my buddy didn't have insurance on his bike for some reason.

Really long story short...
Bought another gsxr1000 2 weeks after on a Wednesday (Didn't wait 30-days for the insurance to pay me cause I had given up on the idea that stolen motorcycles ever get recoved). Put an alarm, remote start, 5 sirens, and GPS tracking on my bike in case something like this ever happens again. Finish the bike Friday night and I get a phone call from Brookline Police.... We found your motorcycle!!!! HAHAHA!!!! So Saturday I call the detective to pick up my bike after finger-printing to see if they got anywhere with the finger prints. He says that thay didn't in a confused manner. "We didn't Tell you? We made an arrest on the bike!". Now I'm really confused. You call me Friday night and tell me u found my bike, and you tell me on Saturday you made an arrest? Thumbs up to the police department. He tells me that the theif was riding my motorcycle around, with my plates and my helmet and ran a red light. A cruiser saw him, chased him, he tries to make a u-turn and wipes out!!! Apparently they tackled him COPS style

So I go and pick up my bike, to find that my 60-mile old bike has aged 27 miles in two weeks!! I got my keys back, with the 2-way pager remote, house keys!! The bike had some scratches all around, but nothing bad. So now I have 2 yellow/black 2005 1000's and a '03 636.
My buddy's bike turned up a few days later behind an aparment building. They apparently couldn't start the bike cause someone tried to steal it from them!!! The bike was recoved with a busted lock (the theives had the keys to both bikes) and thats it.
Just thought I'd share a happy story about a very bad beginning. I would definately recomment getting a GPS tracking system. One less theif on the street is definately worth the cost. Happy Riding

·
Registered
1 Posts
THOSE GOT DAMN BASTARDS !!!!

I think the only insurance you need when riding is a coverage policy that has about 6-7 rounds of insurance protection...

- I was with Safi on this adventure... and am happy to get my bike back relatively unharmed...

- I am planning on selling it... a 2003 GSXR 600 with 9100 miles on it...

BIKE THIEFS !!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
This is oh to damn funny. Im reading this article and like Damn we have a Brookline here in Ma. Hell I work in Brookline, Then I go further and read and now im like damn We have a Natick here in Ma.........hehehehehehe. Then I realize this damn story is so close to home that it is home.............
Glad you got your bike back man. Even gladder you have two. I don't have a K5, But my K3 means just as much to me. Think im gonna take a trip to Natick...........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.