Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used these stands? I am going to buy a front and rear, but am trying do decide on these for 100.00 for both. Because it will cost me almost 250.00 to 300.00 for any one elses brand of stand. Is it really worth it to spend the extra money? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx...

G

·
best bang for your buck stand, many here have them and complaints are a minimal...there are ofcourse better stands, "pitbull" come to mind, but u are certainly paying for it...

if you want something that will work and work well the handy stands are more than adequate, if you want the best then buy a pitbull....mind you for the everyday joe its hard to justify the $$$ difference, unless u got the money to spare....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got a set, the front one seems a little shakey, but holds.. I use it for my Aprilia also.. I got no issues with um though.. Also got a set of the LP stands, I wouldn't buy anything but the stands that use the buttons, the rubber "L" shaped rear swingarm pads on um suck.. get your bike wet washing it and your going to lose it on its side!! I've almost done it B4?? anyway my .02

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
a friend of mine has one and hes right about the rubber holders, if they get wet that bike can come right off that thing, my friend saw it fall and cought the bike, but yeah they work but you know as good as i do you get what you $$ for

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all the replys. I ended going and getting a pitbull for the rear today that has both the spool mount and the "L" braket as well, really nice stand. I will be getting the front one as well cause I like the way it uses the steertube to hold the bike. Just seems to be more stable to me and it seems it will make it easier to remove the forks for service and such.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I have a set for over a year now... In comparison to what's out there, it's a good deal...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have own a set of Handy Industries for over a year now and have no complaints. They are very sturdy. The only problem was that the paint chips but I think that is normal because of use.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Are the LP 3 piece race stands good or bad? Because I thought the LP stands are kinda cheap. Are they?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts