Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys long time not been here, need advice. Recently changed used front brake discs, and bought new pads, and tyre rode week or two and notied having vibration when HARD breaking between 100km - 70kmh, all smonth over 100 or under 70ish, could that be the discs? Just tested today few times all time same result accelerate around 200ish khm get hard on brakes and hold till bike stops all smooth until 100kmh then vibrating to 70 and becaming smooth again.
Tried also high speed run and touch front brake just breafly, but cant notice and vibvration there on handlebars or on the lever.
If u have any advice much appreciated before I go to next step have few ideas to try.

Thanks, and my apologizes for bad english not my primary language u know europeans :)

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Maybe give pads more time to bed in 500 km of road riding. A similar thing to wheel balance shake.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
You put on used front discs, that could be the problem. You could also check the tire balancing.

·
Registered
03 Gsxr1000
136 Posts
rotors Are probably warped slightly. You can try prepping rotors with sand paper and also hit the brake pads. On brake pads I use a piece of glass and 80 grit paper so everything stays flat. Rotors you can try 400 grit or 3m scotch brite pad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts