Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Once the bike breaks in it will lessen. Give it some time before you spend $50.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Put an electric motor in it. That would get rid of it.

True that

Do you guys know any place that makes solid-state electric motorcycle engines?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Search around for BARSNAKE. It gets inserted into the handlebar in one of two ways. Either as a "stick" or you can purchase the version that is foam that will cure into material as strong as the insert version. It'll dampen and absoarb the vibrations

·
Registered
9 Posts
My '05 has almost 800 miles on it and there's been no change in vibration.

I've been told better gel gloves and thicker gel grips would solve much of the problem.

Curious as to why the designers didn't take this vibration into account when building the bike.

Sucks even worse for those that don't wear gloves.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Check the torque setting on your top triple clamp bolt. Mine was way out (the dealer didn't bother to set it to standard after he'd assembled the bike from the crate). Cured some of the vibrations for me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Check the torque setting on your top triple clamp bolt. Mine was way out (the dealer didn't bother to set it to standard after he'd assembled the bike from the crate). Cured some of the vibrations for me.
oh ok i am going to check
stil looking for the cure to the vibration

·
Banned
44 Posts
The very best thing you can do is add some weight. Remove the bar end and fill it with 00 buck shot. It is extremely effective. You can pick it up at any sporting goods store. Just do both bars.
Let me know how it works.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The very best thing you can do is add some weight. Remove the bar end and fill it with 00 buck shot. It is extremely effective. You can pick it up at any sporting goods store. Just do both bars.
Let me know how it works.
alright i think i am going to try it thanks
anymore ideas welcomed

·
Registered
872 Posts
Has anyone used the BarSnake? it seems like a good fix for excessive vibration.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts