Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 041k which is lowered 2 inchs in the front and i keep having problems with the handles bars coming loose and sliding down. I put some locktite on the bolts and tigtten them very tite also grinded them down so they would clamp all the way and still come loose. All last year of riding about 10k miles never had and problem. Any one else have this problem or know of a fix. Kinda scary when they come loose and i am riding. Need help don't want to eat it.lol

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
there should be a bolt in each clipon that goes from the clipon up into the triple tree so that doesnt happen. sounds as if yours are missing

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
I don't have clip ons they are stock handle bars

on a sportbike, even the stock bars are called clip-ons

·
Registered
919 Posts
... if he lowered it by raising the forks in the triple clamps, the alignment pin (and bolt) is probably not anywhere near the clip ons... bummer dude...

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
there should be a bolt in each clipon that goes from the clipon up into the triple tree so that doesnt happen. sounds as if yours are missing
Only the 01/02 GSXRs had a bolt going through the handlebar mounts to the lower part of the top triple-clamp. Suzuki simplified the mount on the 03/04 with a pin. The reason your handlebars are working its way loose is that the forks are tapered beyond the top few millimetres. You should not be able to go beyond 4 or 5 mm of the top fork visible above the triple clamp, before it becomes unsafe (not enough clamping width on the forks). There's lots of posts here in the past with problems such as that you are experiencing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts