Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
TL;DR... has it been mentioned to make sure the back of your hand is in line with the back of your arm when you are riding naturally so as to make it more ergonomically correct.

Most levers need to be lowered from stock. They are set so the wrist is bent back. That makes it really hard to pull the lever. much easier when the wrist is neutral.

·
Hates the French..especially Le Skid
4,223 Posts
I understand your doubts, however I was hospitalised unable to walk when I got back from a holiday in America, I ended up getting put into an overflow ward and endured some shitty hospital care. Such as I was supposed to have an operation to drain a swollen hand I had, which never happened. Was supposed to have a scan, never did. I was in a room by myself at the end of a ward and nurses would come in to ask why I hadn't been seen out walking fully unaware of the fact I couldn't walk. I could go on forever with the neglect. I was able to just about walk after five days so I discharged myself. Stayed at home in bed, deciding to ride it out as they just had no idea what was wrong with me. After a,couple weeks I couldn't walk again, for two months. My family looked after me, when I say bedridden, it was with high levels of fatigue, fever and pain in red lumps I had all over my upper arms and chest. I slept most of the time, doped on painkillers.
Trust me, I know it all sounds bloody weird, my symptoms were random, and none of it made sense, I got referred to a rheumatology department who just saw me every six weeks to tell me they still didn't know. I had a lung infection, joint pain, and eventually I gave up on the doctors and are six months I got better. When it happened the second time, I was able to walk, just suffered with bad joint pains, fever and fatigue again, sometimes not able to walk on a swollen/bad ankle or knee, etc. I got put on steroids, and have been waiting for a follow up appointment I should have had a month ago.

Don't mean to bombard you all with my life story there, but honestly I've wanted answers on this for over two years now. But yeah, the whole thing sounds not right, cause the whole damn thing is just weird for a start.

Thanks for everyone's input and interest. Also, this only started after my illness. The more I ride with it, the more pain it causes, so I doubt it is to lack of riding as I'd hope. Once again, I'll look into everyone's suggestions.

Oh, one little thing because I feel it probably should get pointed out: I'm a female. :p
Darling, get on the phone tomorrow to the hospital and tell them you want your follow up and tell them you would also like to speak to an independent doctor for a second opinion, you could also throw in that you are going to speak to PALS and make a complaint, that WILL get them moving.

Fucking outrageous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there,

I started getting some arthritic problems about two years ago and it's been on and off since, but mostly off and it's more of a mystery illness that they guessed at than anything. I'm all good now but since it started, I've had some real issues with after ten or fifteen minutes of riding, getting some real pain up the inside of my wrist when pulling the clutch lever in until the point of having to stop riding due to just not being able to pull the clutch in any longer. I'm going to adjust the lever and bring it closer to me, if that doesn't work, I'll get some new short levers. It might just be my health issues but I'm 20 and would like to hope I'm not THAT broken yet.
I was just curious as to whether anyone else has issues like this, any pains or aches that they've had to work around on the bike?
Definitely go get it checked, hopefully, it won't be anything too bad but just in case it would be like carpal tunnel or something similar.

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,423 Posts
Definitely go get it checked, hopefully, it won't be anything too bad but just in case it would be like carpal tunnel or something similar.
A brilliant 1st post to a 13yr old thread.
OP hasn't been on here since 2014
Don't drag up dead threads...look at the dates first, to see if what you're contributing is remotely relevant to a current discussion.

·
Administrator
13,952 Posts
Thread closed 🤦🏻

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.