Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know what direction should I turn the crankshaft for 2002 Suzuki gsxr600 and does it need to be in gear? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
105 Posts
You remove the timing inspection cap and use a socket wrench to turn the crankshaft clockwise. Do it in neutral.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Peter, it turned pretty easily, so that’s mean no hydro lock right? My bike won’t start, just clicks. I checked my battery, starter relay, I checked the voltage in my battery, starter relay and starter motor, everything looks good so far. I removed the starter motor and connect directly to the battery and it’s spin. I also have new spark plug, do you know anywhere else I can look? Thank you for your help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If starter motor spins when connected to battery, it means it’s good right? Because I read somewhere, sometimes even if it spins but not loaded because it’s out of the bike, it may be the problem?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have never had a problem with my starter. I don't know how many miles on your bike, but they last a long time. For the time being, I would try to eliminate other things before taking the starter apart.

Have you tried jump starting your bike from your car battery? Also, clean the battery terminals and tighten. Check that they are not cracked or frayed wiring. Do the same with the relay connections. And check the connection at the starter motor too. Remove, clean and tighten back up. A lot of amps run through these wires and connections when you are starting the bike, so they need to be good.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also, whats the history of your bike? Did you just buy it or had it for a while? When did this problem start to occur? Have you changed anything recently?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have this bike for 15 years now, not a lot of mileage yet, because I only use it for the summer. I’ve been riding for the past 3 months then just one morning it stop starting just clicks. I didn’t do any modification at all. I got new battery but I did try jumping it with my car but the same. I also bought a new starter relay and new spark plug. I inspected the wire connections everything look good and the voltage all the way up to the starter motor connections. Like I said I turned the crank and it feels pretty good. I checked the position of the pistons via stick because I saw it in internet, it looks good so no bent connecting rods.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was going to suggest to bridge the starter relay to see if the engine cranks over, but if you bought a new one then it should be OK.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did that as well is the same thing, thank you for trying to help me, if you think of something else please let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reply d13, can you please further explain on how to do it. I will really really appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts