Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hammer4....

thanks for the excellent piece bro......won me 'best import' at the local bike nite tonite...

felt great to actually win something (been on a dry spell awhile)....

gotta be the headcage........

thanks again...if u havent received from me, you should tomorrow......

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Cool...
I assume ya polished up a bit after ya installed it huh..? I tried to wipe all my finger prints off..but ya know how that goes..
Glad your happy with it..
and thanks..

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEAH, I LIFTED A FEW PAWPRINTS, BUT IT WASNT HARD ATALL.....I USE THIS CALIFORNIA CUSTOM PURPLE POLISH, AND IT TURNED IT JET black....then i jus wiped it off (did this twice) and i could see my reflection.....

thanks agin bro....ill thnk of ya everytime im out

BTW, if i couldve spared more , i wouldve....

your advice alone has been worth more to me....

the only reason i won (never entered b4, never will again....not my cup o tea..) was bcause i cleaned her for hjours after the sunday twisties.... and of course headcage.....

did u sell tha shock yet?????

sms

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had a guy who knows racing and bikes pretty well (has a 99 gsxr600 trackbike, a 2002 gsxr750 streetbike, and a Repsol HRC prepped 97 NSR250 GP track/street bike
) and he said my setup felt extremely confident, and well proportioned....recommended nothing!!! To my surprise, as ive done nothing to it since i got it....

now im afraid to mess with it!!!!

scott

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Well.like the old saying goes..if ain't broke..don't fix it..

If the bike feels good, and behaves in the turns ect..leave it alone..

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by eSeMeS750WX:
willdoso....

ill keep ya in mind, and ask around.....will it fit a 99 gsxr600??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup..it will also raise the rear 1/4" due to the new shaft in it..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Hey your bike might work good now... BUT you dont know what you missing with that shock...
I had the same shock in mine till I got the whole shock to replace it..
My has the same valves and all, but it has a aftermarket body, the one Hammer has is the stock body..

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well The shock has a new shaft that is longer and wider then stock. The valves are different then the stock ones and it is setup for a 175-200 lbs rider. It has a 400lbs spring in it..

The shock will make the bike turn faster, track and hold lines better, and ride smoother.

They are great shocks and last a long time..

If there is something you want to know about it let me know.. My friend is the one who builds them...

John

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by raz_biker:
Hammer

I sent you an email earlier on. Hope you received it all right
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Raz..I got your e-mail..I'm pretty busy gettin my truck fixed, doing bids for jobs ect..so I haven't been able to get a price on shipping for ya..but I'm trying.. hang in there, I'll get back to ya asap..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Hammer,
Whats up with the truck?

John

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
Hammer,
Whats up with the truck?

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A better question would be..what's not wrong with it..lol..Ahh the brakes are shot, that was that sound ya heard the last time I was at your house..need new lines, cylinders, disc's..ect..ect..$1100.00....ouch
when it rains, it pours...

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
WOW... Let me know if you need help...
You know the party is comming up soon..

John

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
WOW... Let me know if you need help...
You know the party is comming up soon..

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmm...I might have to resort to detailing bikes again..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts