Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
what r u some fortune teller.. what weather site is actually telling you that 2weeks from now its going to be good weather??

i wish i had your optimism.. haha

I'm already signed up though... I'll be in Pt. Mugu, CA till that thursday before so i hope everything is good and ready when i get back. as long as its sunny, i know even sub 60's are even good for traction. Did it ever break 60 last time? oh and i'm going to run you down!!! (just please run a second or two slower) haha

its only about 4hrs for you to come down though? nice.. its 6hrs for me to go to TWS. and u've got a few awesome AMA tracks up in your area dont you?
r u going to be there the night before at all? i should be corner working probably the day before.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Only if you promise perfect weather Nick! I'm sure it will be fun either way. Plus my brother lives down in that direction and he would love to go too even though he is bikeless.

I guess I need to get my stuff together!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not going unless the weather is decent. The nice thing is you just pay when you get there so if you don't go then you aren't out the cash..

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
exactly, i've got a slot, but if its raining or really cold forget it.

ask spooner though, clear calm and just a tad under 60 and it was still great traction.

well if you do come out,i'll be rattling questions all day to spooner, soi'm sure u'll see me ;)

do u run race group?

·
Registered
364 Posts
What are you guys going to run? The last time I was at Hallet was March of '05, I ran a 1:36. I am sure I have improved by leaps and bounds in the ten track days I have run since then but I haven't run Hallett in almost two years. I am sure I will need a slow session to re-orient myself to the track so I wouldn't want to be road kill in the race group.

But if conditions are good, I will be cranking it up to a good pace as the day progresses. Hallett is definitely a fun track.
:punk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hell, I might even make it back out if the weather is nice. You can hang with me Bob. Us Bandit guys gotta stick together.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I would be pretty surprised if you don't drop your times quite a bit. The guys in the race group run generally sub 1:30's with a couple guys above that point. Usually its the least populated group so you get a more clear track than the other groups so it will be easier to improve. My trackday pace is usually in the 1:24's or so-hopefully faster next weekend!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
me? first lap is about a 1:35 no matter how good the weather is, its just how i am first lap.

normally about 1:28-1:30, looking for faster this time

·
Registered
364 Posts
Blue 06 said:
Hell, I might even make it back out if the weather is nice. You can hang with me Bob. Us Bandit guys gotta stick together.
Yeah Blue, I was wondering if you were going to go. I won't be able to bring the bandit though. I have ridden it on the track there before, however.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Spooner said:
Yeah, I would be pretty surprised if you don't drop your times quite a bit. The guys in the race group run generally sub 1:30's with a couple guys above that point. Usually its the least populated group so you get a more clear track than the other groups so it will be easier to improve. My trackday pace is usually in the 1:24's or so-hopefully faster next weekend!
I guess I can be one of the slow guys. I definitely like clear track, plus I will be able to learn something from you fast people. Just don't get between me and the hay bales! :biggrin

·
Registered
364 Posts
gimpsta said:
me? first lap is about a 1:35 no matter how good the weather is, its just how i am first lap.

normally about 1:28-1:30, looking for faster this time
Dude you rock compared to me. It looks like you have been there quite a few times too. I have only been there a handful of times myself, I still have a lot to learn about that track.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha see my sig (3 half days)

those are my first two ever trips to hallett and on first time on a track. It was in 2003 and 2004. 2003 i had a small wreck when someone pushed me wide and i hit the a pot hole from where the rain washed it out. I bent both rims.

2004 - it was a cold say (50) i was on street tires, slickstones, and i highsided out of the bus stop and was Air Evac'd out. 2 TD's there later (also a year later - this summer) i lowsided off of turn 5 for no freaking reason except that i apexed early and caught a series of bumps.

So... as i go around that track i half hold myself in reserve from all the problems I've experienced there ;)

except going into the bus stop where i like to throw a smoke screen up for those behind me (spooner) so they loose their markers and i can keep them at bay (behind me)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Damn Gimpsta! Ride it like you stole it! I try not to do too much at the bus stop, I see all the junk on the outer edge of the track there and it unnerves me.

My problem is that I never get through turn one with a lot of speed, people always haul ass past me there. I guess it is the somewhat blind entrance even though it has ample room on exit to flow wide.
Pratice, practice...

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
oh i got better at one, basically ran a hair slower then spooner, but he got on the throttle earlier and then again was off and gone. kind of pissed me off ;)

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gimpsta said:
oh i got better at one, basically ran a hair slower then spooner, but he got on the throttle earlier and then again was off and gone. kind of pissed me off ;)
I am a big wussy through one. I always feel like I am tip toeing through there...grrr..

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.