Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I installed a Puig wind screen that I've bought from one the the member here, Boganz I think.

Then I put on some Carbon decals I've bought from Oneida Suzuki.

Finally I've installed a Devil SB2 high mount slip-on.

I know, I know. I need new turn sigs for rear.

Now I'm going out for a ride.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Knocker you live in new york and only have 43 miles on that thing, get riding we've had nice days here in the northeast, BTW cars wont be able to see your right rear turn signal with your DEVIL in the way, bike looks great man.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the sound of this Devil.
I wonder if it gets louder as I break it in.
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I do have a quick question. I've noticed heal of my Sidi is touching the mid pipe once in a while. I remember seeing a CF plate that I can put on the mid pipe to prevent your boots from melting. Any idea where I can pick this up?
I also need rear turn signals. Something cheap since I'm broke now.

·
Registered
489 Posts
dude, try extreme graphic designs for your boot protector. i have the stainless steel one, but yes, they do make a carbon fiber one. its like 40 bucks, but saves your boots and marks on your mid pipe

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Yeah the PUIG was from me, looks good man. That high mount looks unreal. Bike looks tastefully done - good work. Later,

·
Registered
992 Posts
Bike looks great!
Is that another one of your patented homemade FE's I see?
I still have mine and I love it. I shimmed the top of the light so it doesn't blind drivers behind me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Have you considered the "Clear Alternatives" intagrated tail light? It's your tail light, brake light, and turn signals all in one. Looks nice with the clear lens too. I just put one on my 05 600 and I love it. Nice looking bike!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Knocker....bike looks really nice and i bet it sounds great too
And as you said, lets make this one a keeper!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Wow, nice bike. How much did you buy that exhaust for? Also, is that tank pad an oem suzuki pad? Cuz mine looks totally different and I bought it from suzuki. Looks good though. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry to bother you with this question, but according to Devil's website it says you have to cut the header. Was this true? If so, what part of it did you have to cut?

Just out of curiousity, how much did you happen to pay for it and where?

Thanks,

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sorry to bother you with this question, but according to Devil's website it says you have to cut the header. Was this true? If so, what part of it did you have to cut?

Just out of curiousity, how much did you happen to pay for it and where?

Thanks,
Ditto...

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bike looks great!
Is that another one of your patented homemade FE's I see?
Yeah, it is.
With the high mount it doesn't fit so well anymore. I guess I'll have to visit Home Depot again to see what I can whip out.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you considered the "Clear Alternatives" intagrated tail light? It's your tail light, brake light, and turn signals all in one. Looks nice with the clear lens too. I just put one on my 05 600 and I love it. Nice looking bike!
Yeah I've thought about it, but I'm broke now and I want to see what I can make again.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Knocker....bike looks really nice and i bet it sounds great too
And as you said, lets make this one a keeper!!!
No body's touching my bike anymore. I hope.

Pipe sounds soooooooo sweet. I'm hoping it would get louder after I break it in. It's probably not as loud as your illegal race pipe
but it's loud. I should've taken out the mid-pipe packing.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you're getting slip-on like what I did, yes you do have to cut your mid pipe. Let me tell you something, It was a pain in my fugging ass to cut this shit. Good thing I have a dremel to have a good start, but you'll need a metal sawing blade to finish it off. I cut bottom of my mid pipe where the color changes from chrome to copper. Actually I left about 2 inches of chrome part to slip on my Devil. Hope that's clear enough.

Well guys, I think this wraps up pretty much all the Q&A.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts