Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the NEC bike show yesterday. Had a sit on the K7. As you would expect it is pretty much as per the K6 in terms of ergonomics. (Tried the new R1 but I find the seat too angled down for my liking.) They had an all black bike on show which looked the business, and also the classic blue and white. The show staff re - iterated that yoshi have pipes on the way. Not sure about the stock pipes, but we said the same thing when the K5 appeared.

Interestingly they also said that that the bikes on show were pre- production and that finally testing was still underway. The show bikes will go back to Japan for crushing !!

Best of all the wife is coming round to letting me upgrade the K3 in the spring. Woohoo.

·
Registered
73 Posts
congrats on teh old ball and chain letting you upgrade nice job man and thanks for the info :punk

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
andyb said:
Interestingly they also said that that the bikes on show were pre- production and that finally testing was still underway.

I remember them saying something to that effect 2 years ago when the K5 first came out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I couldn't get any pics guys. My camera has died. Besides it was 3 deep around the bikes anyway. I have to add also that the Suzuki staff member was well briefed about the bike, and answered almost all the technical questions I threw at her regarding ignition mapping etc. Nice one Suzuki GB.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went to the show on tradeday (less crowds)and got a few pics, nothing most havn't seen but I got one of the clocks for those interested and also a picture of the cut-away model. I can concur that it feels very similar to sit on to a K5 and looks wise the UK Blu/white is not to my taste, it has to be the black. One of the reps also said they are likely to be doing a limited number of copper/black models for the UK also, he also said the yoshi pipes will resemble those on the Moto GP GSV-R bike.

View attachment 25605

Reactions: Chillywater

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I'm beginning to think that Suzuki added the second pipe on the K7 simply because they HAD to make it look different from the K5/K6.

Great report and great cutaway pic. Thanks for sharing, guys.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
So will anyone make a 4:1 exhaust? No way in hell I'd buy a bike with two cans, no matter now nice it is. Sorry, I have no desire to go back to my '87 VFR.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
the pic and the report on the new '07 is awesome........

that black/orange 1000 looks too beautifull....cant wait to pick mine up in march.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.