Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes after a long or spirited ride, after I stop my bike, I hear this small faint gurgling sound from somewhere at the front of the bike. Obviously it ain't antifreeze and nothing is boiling over and I don't see any signs of unwanted fluid at any unwanted places. Problem...? Normal...? Ideas...? thoughts??? Jeff...?

------------------
All I needed to know about motorcycle riding, I learned on EA Sports Superbike

· Registered
49 Posts
Not knowing water-cooled bikes very well I'm just speculating but my Mustang does the same thing when you turn it off and the coolant starts to refill the resevour.

------------------

Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery!

· Registered
1,712 Posts
can't be coolant, cuz these bikes don't have it.

i think this used to happen on my old gixxers too, but i can't quite remember.

can you tell where the sound is coming from? my guess would be something having to do with the gas tank vent, or maybe something involving oil as it stops circulating and starts to drain back to the oil pan.

------------------

· Registered
49 Posts
Oops- thought he meant his bike was water-cooled..nevermind. I've never heard my oil-cooled gixxer make a sound like that.

------------------

Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery!

[This message has been edited by Talisian (edited 03-18-2001).]

· Premium Member
839 Posts
Just a WAG (wild ass guess), but check out your in-tank fuel filter AND the breather hose coming out of the top of your tank. Sounds like something there is not fully free flowing and is balancing once the pressure (suck?) is off. Hell, could be a mildly leaking vacuum hose from the petcock playing you a little melody

Good luck troubleshooting

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.