Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight I pushed my bike pretty hard, and now I noticed afterwards it sputters when I’m holding the throttle open. The power kind of feels laggy and the throttle response isn’t snappy. Almost sounds like it’s running lean. I had this problem way before, but I put on the bazzaz fi unit and it ran perfect. Now I’m running into that similar bogging issue. I also started running 87 in the bike, but I doubt that has anything to do with it because that’s the minimum rating. I’ll try to get a video of the sound with my gopro. Bike has 29k miles on it just around time for valve clearance check. I was planning on getting it done soon or just doing it myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m really just hoping it isnt in relation to the valves being burnt up or some shit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright so I took the tank off today and found that a hose from the airbox was disconnected. I did a decent amount of riding while it was like this as I had to get home. Could this have really messed something up?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's three hoses (I think): ISC valve hose, PAIR hose and crankcase breather hose. You wouldn't have done damage if one was disconnected. How's it running now?
I found the actual problem, 2 spark plugs were just destroyed and I changed them like 5k miles ago. How does something like this happen? They’re NRG “iridium” lmao

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts