Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I agree. I can drive pretty fast, but even at best you're talking about 3 minutes between picking up the phone and the good guys showing up.

Just set a timer for 3 minutes and hit a punching bag at a good rate for 3 whole minutes with no break. Now that's just you hitting the bag, and the bag isn't hitting you. It's a long damn time to be hanging on and waiting to be saved.

I always say that I'd rather show up to a battle than a slaughter.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I finally got around to getting my NRA membership...something I should have done a long time ago.
Eh, your money could have gone elsewhere and done better to support 2nd amendment rights. Unfortunately the NRA is now run by life long lobbyists... they aren't supporting our ideals very well any longer. In Colorado we have an organization called Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (.com) that does a VERY good job at standing up for our actual rights. Don't even get Dudley started on the ATF... :biggrin

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Eh, your money could have gone elsewhere and done better to support 2nd amendment rights. Unfortunately the NRA is now run by life long lobbyists... they aren't supporting our ideals very well any longer. In Colorado we have an organization called Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (.com) that does a VERY good job at standing up for our actual rights. Don't even get Dudley started on the ATF... :biggrin
I'm all for spending my money more wisely/effectively....but who really has the clout of the NRA? :dunno Granted...I don't agree with everything they do and say.

What I'm really try to say is...what organizations should I be joining...or where I can I start researching?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I'm all for spending my money more wisely/effectively....but who really has the clout of the NRA? :dunno Granted...I don't agree with everything they do and say.

What I'm really try to say is...what organizations should I be joining...or where I can I start researching?
Well, NRA is a good start but try to find something a little more localized to join and help them to represent your viewpoints... whatever those may be.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Guys, while the NRA does a few things less than perfect, and they call/write constantly asking for money, they really are the MOST effective organization in our corner.

Join the local groups too, but please join the NRA if you care in any way for 2A issues.

Now more than ever,....

DH

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Guys, while the NRA does a few things less than perfect, and they call/write constantly asking for money, they really are the MOST effective organization in our corner.

Join the local groups too, but please join the NRA if you care in any way for 2A issues.

Now more than ever,....

DH
I didn't say I wasn't a member but if they spent half the energy fighting for 2A as they do spamming paying members maybe things would be different. I'm tired of how they handle things now... caving to things left and right to play the political game.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Jer
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing