Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to class, heading north on the inerstate 15. Everything seemed fine until the car in front of me swerved quickly to the right just missing a 6 foot metal ladder laying in the middle of the lane. I didn't have the time to get around it, so I just puckered my ass hole and rode right over it at 70 MPH. The only problum I had is when the dumbass swerved back into my lane forcing me to drag my arm upside his car and smash his driverside mirror with my fore-arm

I'm fine, my tires are alittle chewed up and my arm hurts. Needless to say I skipped class, came straight home and started drinking right away.

·
big floppy donkey dick
2,972 Posts
did he pull over to make sure you were ok?:eek:hmy

good job not panicking and wrecking though, glad your alright :cheers

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Damn You are lucky. Good to hear your OK. I had a chair fly off a car in front of me on the highway, I swerved and it missed me but I needed to change my pants after that

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Wait. So you were following too close to be safe in case something like this comes up?
Then somehow, the car that was IN FRONT of you, was all of a sudden a danger to you almost hitting you from the side? :wtf

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
glad you're ok man. i try not to follow too close to anyone while on the road..in case something like that does happen, it would give me more time to react.

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
how far up the 15? and was it across the lane or lying in line with traffic?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I hate people that don't ever watch when their are bikes around. If the car stoped I would ahve got his insurance info for comming back into the lane and hitting me. Technically he could have been cited for failure to control for swerving then swerving back and hitting you. Glad to hear you're alright. Guess tahts a little worse than the 2x4 we had to run over in MSF class at 20 mph.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
av_fan said:
Wait. So you were following too close to be safe in case something like this comes up?
Then somehow, the car that was IN FRONT of you, was all of a sudden a danger to you almost hitting you from the side? :wtf
I wan't following to close, I never do. The lader was laying lenght ways across the lane (taking up most the lane) . I was in the center lane with cars all around me. The guy in front of me just missed it by inches and lucky for him no one was to the right of him when he swerved.

We both pulled over and he did check to see if I was okay. I didn't bitch him out or anything but I did tell him if something like that happens again not to swearve back into the lane if he is safe in the lane he just got in.

It was no one's fault (except the jack ass that didn't secure the ladder) just a freak accedent that could of been much worse.

·
Registered
169 Posts
hmm prolly good thing you didnt try to swerve. if you would have hit the ladder at an angle that might have been a bad thing. oh and dont worry bout some of the comments some people dont realize how little reaction time u have when on a highway and a 6 foot ladder suddenly appears. haha some people are such dic*s

·
Registered
511 Posts
you are very lucky. Which way did you ride over the ladder, vertically with the steps or horizontally? How the car side swipe you and not making you crash is amazing in itself. I would of took out his mirror while I was at it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Here in Dallas on 75 things like that happen all the time. I saw 3 Harley guys get taken out by a couch that had fallen off the back of a pickup truck. It looked like they target fixated and got sucked into the couch.

Good to hear you saved that one!!

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Glad your came out of this ok, similar thing happened to me but I didn't hit the ladder, it was an 8ft alum. ladder and the car in front of me clipped the side of it and started it spinning around in the middle lane (3 lane hwy), I always stay toward the lines in the road so I can see what is in front of the car in front of me and I saw it coming the person in the car never even saw the ladder. I jumped in the right lane all the way over to shoulder and watched it all happen and said to my self WTF just happened here.

·
Registered
344 Posts
yeah thank god your alright and you didn't just jammed up in the rungs of the latter or any shit like that. Glad to hear your alright

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.